Volunteer applications are now being accepted at the Chester County Library & Henrietta Hankin Branch on an as needed basis.
Court ordered community service applications are not being accepted until further notice.
We look forward to having new volunteers join our community as we move cautiously for everyone’s safety.
To Become an Adult Library Volunteer
- Complete the Online Adult Application Form, or
- Complete and print out the Adult Application Form. Return the form to the Customer Service Desk at either library, or mail it to the address at the top of the form.
You can find examples of volunteer positions here. Due to the high number of applications received, we are unable to respond to each application individually. All applications remain on file for six months and candidates are contacted as opportunities arise and in the order they are received.
Teen Volunteer Program
We are no longer accepting Teen Volunteer Applications for the summer 2023 program. All positions are filled. Watch our website for the Teen summer kickoff date in March 2024.
We continue to accept applications for the Teen Drop-in Program. We are also accepting bilingual student volunteers on an as needed basis.
General Information about Teen Volunteers
Each summer, the Chester County Library and Henrietta Hankin Branch offer a Summer Teen Volunteer program for students who are at least 14 years old and going into 9th grade. Applications are generally accepted starting in March. Update: all 2023 positions are filled; please visit us in March 2024 for new opportunities.
We also place students over sixteen for various positions during the school year. When you apply to the Teen Volunteer program, it will provide an opportunity for you to share your talents and skills in a positive way. You can work behind the scenes processing library materials or shelve books; use your organizational skills to help with clerical duties or special projects; demonstrate your creative skills in our Public Relations/Graphics department. Library volunteering is a great way to fulfill graduation requirements, boost your college resume, and serve your community.
Teen volunteers are recruited and placed for the summer program at the Chester County Library and Henrietta Hankin Branch. There are also temporary teen volunteer positions from time to time during the school year for those sixteen and older. These opportunities are announced on the website and posted at local school districts.
Requirements for the Teen Volunteer program:
- Must be at least 14 years old and going into 9th grade (14 for Youth Services only)
- Must be available to keep a regular assigned shift in summer and/or during the school year depending on placement
- Students will be assigned one three-hour shift, one day per week. Youth Services offers no evening or weekend positions
- Applications must contain a student email address and students must initiate their own contact. We will use this email address to contact applicants.
Teen Drop-in and Bilingual Volunteering
For teens needing ten hours or less to complete school services requirements, we might have something for you to help with right away.
We will also provide a letter of completion on the spot.
Call the Volunteer Coordinator at 610-344-4740 to learn more, or fill out the online application (drop-in, bilingual volunteers). Let’s hear from you.