Storywalk at Exton Park
The Chester County Library installed a StoryWalk® in Exton Park in June 2017. The StoryWalk® is installed along a ½ mile paved walkway surrounding two playgrounds and a picnic area. The project consists of 20 reading stations, each featuring a page in a children’s storybook, which promotes health and literacy in young children by encouraging exercise and reading. The StoryWalk® will be updated two times a year.
The funding for this project was made possible by the Chester County Library Trust through a donation from the Pearl Foundation. The displays were installed by Voya Financial employees on their volunteer in-service day, in cooperation with the Chester County Library and the County’s Facilities & Parks Departments.
This fall we are featuring You Are Here written and illustrated by Zach Manbeck. With playful, approachable language, this book encourages appreciating the moment we're in and being completely present in it, and for anyone who could use a reminder that "all who wander are not lost." Take a picture with your favorite page and don’t forget to tag us!
The StoryWalk® is in Exton Park, located at 132 Church Farm Lane, Exton, PA.
Titles featured on the StoryWalk®:
- On Meadowview Street by Henry Cole
- I Went Walking by Sue Williams
- Be Kind by Pat Ziettow Miller
- All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold
- The Digger and the Flower by Joseph Kuefler
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- The Thing about Yetis by Vin Vogel
- Ruby's Birds by Mya Thompson
- Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
- A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever by Marla Frazee