Storywalk at Exton Park
The Chester County Library installed a StoryWalk® in Exton Park in June 2017. The StoryWalk® is installed along a ½ mile paved walkway surrounding two playgrounds and a picnic area. The project consists of 20 reading stations, each featuring a page in a children’s storybook, which promotes health and literacy in young children by encouraging exercise and reading. The StoryWalk® will be updated three times a year.
The funding for this project was made possible by the Chester County Library Trust through a donation from the Pearl Foundation. The displays were installed by Voya Financial employees on their volunteer in-service day, in cooperation with the Chester County Library and the County’s Facilities & Parks Departments.
This summer we are featuring the Caldecott Honor-winning book A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever written and illustrated by Marla Frazee. She wonderfully captures the very essence of summer vacation and what it means to be a kid in this moving and hilarious celebration of young boys, childhood friendships, and the power of the imagination. Take a picture with your favorite page and don’t forget to tag us!
The StoryWalk® is in Exton Park, located at 132 Church Farm Lane, Exton, PA.
Titles featured on the StoryWalk®:
- On Meadowview Street by Henry Cole
- I Went Walking by Sue Williams
- Be Kind by Pat Ziettow Miller
- All Are Welcome by Alexandra Penfold
- The Digger and the Flower by Joseph Kuefler
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- The Thing about Yetis by Vin Vogel
- Ruby's Birds by Mya Thompson
- Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts