New Business & Career Resource Available
The Chester County Library System is excited to announce that we now offer access to Cisco Networking Academy® introductory level courses. This public-private partnership is Cisco’s largest Corporate Social Responsibility program. Cisco provides free, online, self-paced courses to help anyone explore potential career pathways, develop technical mastery, and build the critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to succeed. Since Cisco started offering the Networking Academy™ curriculum in 1997, over 9 million individuals have enrolled in the courses. We are the first library system in Pennsylvania to partner with Cisco because we believe these self-paced, self-enrolling workshops will be useful to job seekers, students, entrepreneurs, and anyone interested in learning more about digital literacy.
The courses that can be accessed through the Chester County Library System include:
• Get Connected: Learn how to use a computer, connect devices, and access search, email, and social media. This is a self-paced, beginner-level course.
• Entrepreneurship: This course teaches business and financial skills, attitudes, and behaviors to help students develop an entrepreneurial mindset that can empower them to improve their lives.
• Introduction to Cybersecurity: Learn how to protect yourself online and in social media while discovering careers in cybersecurity. This is a self-paced, beginner-level course.
• Cybersecurity Essentials: Develop an understanding of cybercrime, security principles, and technologies and procedures used to defend networks. This is a self-paced, intermediate-level course.
• Introduction to IoT (Internet of Things): Learn how the Internet of Things (IoT) and the digital transformation of business create new value and new job opportunities. This is a self-paced, beginner-level course.
• Introduction to Packet Tracer: Learn the basics for using Cisco Packet Tracer to simulate network configurations. This is a self-paced, beginner-level course.
• Packet Tracer Mobile: Learn how to use the Cisco Packet Tracer Mobile software. This is a self-paced, hands-on course.