Job & Career Resources and Workshops
Featured Job & Career Resources
These job searching and career information websites will help you find positions, career and industry descriptions and their qulaifications, salary information, and outlooks.
Job & Career Workshops
The Chester County Library provides programs and hands-on workshops on career topics, with emphasis on helping jobseekers succeed in a dynamic economic environment.
LinkedIn 1: Profile Basics
Saturday, December 16th, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Chester County Library Struble Room
With over 450 million users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users have learned a few new tidbits! Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
• Basic profile overview
• Turning on/off your privacy settings
• Mobile Apps
• Leverage your LinkedIn to build your sphere of influence
• How to view your profile in different ways
• Turning on/off your activity broadcasts
• Who is viewing your profile – who are those anonymous stalkers?
• How many seconds you have to make an impression on LinkedIn
• Key factors for your photo
• Photo labeling to build SEO
• Symbols to make yourself stand out
• How to properly construct your headline, choose your location, and industry
• Customizing your URL (yes, BEFORE you print those business cards!)
• Contact info minimums – what and where (personal and business) and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree connections
• Summary tips and suggestions
• Work history and accomplishment verbs with quantifiable results
• Get those logos on your profile page!
• How to craft introduction requests in general
• Editing your profile
• Getting LinkedIn help … and more!
Visit our Calendar of Events to view additional upcoming business programs
Learn - The library provides programs and hands-on learning workshops for jobseekers and individuals in transition, focusing on key aspects of the job searching process such as resume writing, interviewing, and networking.
Grow - Just like anything else, job searching is a process. With the help of the library's workshops, jobseekers have an opportunity to learn the fundamentals and process of creating a resume, how to strategically network, and interview like a pro. These essential steps are important to learn and practice when crafting job searching skills to succeed.
Succeed - The library strives to help job seekers build lasting and beneficial relationships with key resources, organizations, and communities to facilitate personal and professional growth and prosperity.